Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oblong's g-speak

It's as close as we've seen to the interface seen in Minority Report.

It helps to watch the video to see what we're talking about.



After watching that, you can visit Oblong Industries.

I'm sure I really don't need to say much about this, except that it looks really cool.

Of course, I've heard plenty of people say that they really wish they had this sort of interface, but personally, I think it's great for spy / police movies, and looks great, but I imagine that it would get really tiring standing in front of the enormous screen and flailing your arms around.

I use a computer because it takes all the things I do, and puts it into one manageable space. Having to stand in front of a 100" screen and lifting, moving, and pushing objects around seems like so much more work.

Of course, that's just me.

And I'm not saying I wouldn't love an opportunity to try it out, and wouldn't turn these guys down if they wanted to install this into my home.

1 comment:

Willynate said...

"Having to stand in front of a 100" screen and lifting, moving, and pushing objects around seems like so much more work."

And exercise - and who the devil would want to do that?