Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Confusing Lack of Cantankerousness?

I’m fairly certain something is wrong with me. Actually, I’m sure there are many things wrong with me, but right now there’s one thing in particular on my mind: where has my cantankerousness gone?

Here’s the issue: I’ve been having a hard time hating things of late. That is to say that I’ve been finding it difficult to find faults with things and have been more or less able to accept almost everything. There was a time when I could find faults with almost everything. I’d watch a movie and there’d be plot holes aplenty or poor scripting or acting. Music was poorly constructed, or terrible lyrically, or just plain stupid. Video games had terrible controls, or were too short, or were a rip off of something else.

These days, though, I’m having a hard time not enjoying things. Even if it’s something I know is stupid, I seem to be content to just sit back and enjoy it.

I don’t really have a problem with this, though. And really, it’s not much different than I’ve been in the past, I think I’ve just shut down part of the critical area of my brain. I worry, though, if this all will lead to a dumbening? Has it already? Will I get stupid because I’m not constantly taking media apart to it’s core to analyze it?

Sure, I’m still noticing flaws. I’m not saying that watching the new Alice in Wonderland I didn’t notice things that I found problems with, but I was able to simply not worry about them and focus on the story.

Is this a result of getting older? Is it my outlook on life? Further, is it because I’m happier and more content than I’ve been in the past? Has my brain been infested contentment bugs? Is this related to issues I feel I’ve been having focusing?

Still, though, I don’t think my ire is completely lost. I can say with honesty that I hate The Hold Steady. Iron Man 2 was the worst advertisement I ever paid to watch. Perhaps my concerns are unfounded and this problem isn’t terminal.

1 comment:

123 math games said...

Thanks a lot for sharing and I have some special things for you. If you are in free time, lavanoid; he sun for the vampire unblocked will be a perfect choice we recommend to you. With nice graphic style, high-quality interface and smooth animation, this game don’t let you be disappointed for sure.
Beside, you can try 2048 games free, it is an addictive game which receives much love from players over the world. Now, you can completely play this addicting fun game on your mobile. Have fun!!!!