Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Love of my Life

It has come to my attention that I do not talk about Manda, my fiancée, on this blog or anywhere else for that matter.

stephen_and_manda

The other day she mentioned that I had blogged about our vacation destination but never once mentioned her. I defended myself by stating that I implied her with the use of terms like “we” and I pointed out that I didn't want to blog about her because I wasn’t sure how she felt about my discussing her on the internet. For some people, that’s just not cool.

As it turns out, she’s plenty ok with it.

What can I say about my Manda? She’s the first person to make me truly happy in a very long time. She doesn’t stir emotions that I think are happiness or want to be real, but instead she truly makes me happy. Deep down, in my core.

When I’m with her, I feel good. Complete. When I’m not with her, she’s stays on my mind.

She’s the first person in a very long time to understand me, even when she has no idea what I’m talking about. I feel connected with her in a way that I’ve never really felt with anyone before. A bond that feels like it’s always been there. Perhaps it sounds strange, but even when we’d been together for only about a month, I told her how it had like we’d been together for years, as though we’d always just been. It was very comforting to find out that she felt the same way.

I can talk to her, she’s intelligent and witty and can hold her own against my bullshit. Her mind works in mysterious ways and often keeps me on my toes. Her love of language and story are akin to mine, she’s able to communicate with me on a level most people can’t. We can talk about anything for hours and it feels good.

With Manda I can explore. I’ve never known anyone else who is so willing to just drive, to arrive somewhere and see what’s there. With her, I am able to see what is out there. It’s something she is willing to experience with me, and I with her.

She’s beautiful, captivating. Her eyes draw me in and never let go. Her smile makes me want to smile.

Most of all I love her. I love her like I’ve never loved anyone before, and I can’t imagine my life without her.

I wish I could say things that didn’t sound cliché and tired. I wish that I could find enough words to really explain all the things that I feel. I wish it was possible for her to see herself through my eyes, to know exactly how I feel, to know how deeply and completely I love her.

The bottom line is that I’m excited to spend the rest of my life with her, and I hope that I make her as happy as she makes me.

No comments: