Thursday, August 14, 2008

Emotion in Absentia

Tell me something? Why do we feel anything at all. When it comes down to it, aren't we simply supposed to spend our time reproducing while keeping the saber tooth tigers at bay and mammoth meat on the table? Yet it's just not so simple. It's nothing like simplicity. I ate at taco bell for lunch today, which is nothing like the stalking, killing, skinning and eating of a moose, which actually sounds nothing like simplicity either.

Perhaps I've gone too far in my deep search for emotion and understanding, because I've found myself wondering about some of the most basic things, like Diet Soda and Pizza Delivery, and music lyrics about cars.

That doesn't mean I haven't gotten a grip on the more pressing personal issues, it just means that I'm finding the world a far more interesting place than usual.

A great example of what I might be talking about: Lenovo ThinkPad W700. Here's a machine with a built-in wacom pad, a Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0Ghz processor, 8GB of RAM, 1 GB of Video RAM on an nVidia Quadro FX video card, an amazing 17" display... and I want it so bad. Of course, it won't help me make a fire to cook that moose I will probably never kill. It won't keep rain off my head, really. So, what good does it serve me? It's just a thing.

Of course, I'm not saying I don't love our crazy capitalist world, where the rich get richer, the middle class digs themselves further in debt, and the poor are often the happiest of us all.

What I'm saying is...

I don't know what I'm saying.

I'm probably not saying anything at all.

Nevermind.

No comments: