Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Styrofoam Homes

You know, I have to admit that I'm all for interesting and different construction methods. I believe there's nothing wrong with mobile and modular homes for those that aren't able to afford traditional construction, or those who are actually opposed to it.

I also enjoy unusual architecture. A house shaped like the Marlboro Man, or an office building that looks like a Ferris Wheel. And, you've got Ice Hotels, and Igloos.

However, be all that as it may, I find that I'm absolutely in love with the idea of a Styrofoam House.

Admittedly, part of my interest is that the first picture I saw made me think of The Hobbit, even though hobbits live in holes that have been cut into hills, I still get this feeling of Middle Earth when I look at these things.

But, I think I could be proud to live in one or three of these. I imagine actually putting them together and then connecting a few so that I could have a Styrofoam Mansion. I imagine that they would not ever meet building codes here, but a guy can dream, can't he?

No comments: