Thursday, July 3, 2008

X O - Tic Tac Toe

Yesterday, I wrote about a brilliantly designed chess board, today I'll be talking about a brilliantly designed tic-tac-toe board. I present XO:



It is designed by Shahar Peleg of Peleg Design. It is the sort of simple elegance that makes you wonder why you didn't think of it.

While I can't think of what, I know that I've seen other mirror designs like this, but this is the first game board like this.

Of course, the problem is that even if I had one of these, I probably still wouldn't play. Although, with the Chromatic Break, the story might be different:



Specially designed cups and a specially designed play mat means you can have a strategic coffee break. Perhaps it's even less practical than the mirrored surface of XO, but it is certainly more unique.

No comments: